Tuesday, January 19, 2016

ACK! I only have six weeks left! WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG?!?

OH NO! My "break" from blogging has turned into a year and half. How did that even happen? In that time, do you know how many Shakespeare plays I've read? ONE! I've read ONE. I read The Taming of the Shrew (it was pretty good, actually). And that's it.

If you've read this blog before (and bless you if you have) you may know that the whole reason I wanted to read all of Shakespeare's plays in the first place is because back when I was twelve I decided I wanted to have read them all by the time I was 40. And now my 40th birthday is in SIX WEEKS and I'm nowhere near done.  But I still want to try because otherwise I feel like I'm breaking a promise to 12-year-old me AND I'VE HAD SO MUCH TIME.

So here goes. The rest of Shakespeare in six weeks. I can do this. I can do this. (God, I wish I had already finished the histories...damn those histories)

Next up: Um...let's go with Much Ado About Nothing...is that the one with Don Pedro? Have I already read that one? I'll have to go check.

UPDATE: Much Ado About Nothing it is! Wish me luck!

1 comment: