Saturday, March 23, 2013

Day 82: I think Love's Labour's Lost broke my spirit

Sigh. I don't know what happened. I was doing so well. A play a week? No problem! Then along came Love's Labour's Lost and it hasn't been the same since. The week after I finished that play (barely) I was supposed to read Julius Caesar. I ended up not reading that at all. Of course, it was a weird week. I had a death in the family and had to travel for a funeral. It sucked. So I guess I could be forgiven for not reading that play. I'll catch up later. But this week I'm supposed to be reading Antony and Cleopatra and I'm WAY behind in that one too. I just can't seem to summon the energy and focus. Is it the subject matter? Am I burned out? Is it because I'm dozens of reviews behind schedule on my other book blogs? Maybe. Or maybe it's because Love's Labour's Lost left a sour taste in my mouth...or whatever the equivalent to "sour taste" is ON MY SOUL. Damn you, Berowne!!
Berowne costume design from UVic Theatre Dept 

No comments:

Post a Comment