Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Day 114: Pericles: Real guy...who knew? I mean, uh, I knew. I totally knew.

Bust of Pericles bearing the inscription "Pericles, son of Xanthippus, Athenian". Marble, Roman copy after a Greek original from ca. 430 BC
(from WikiCommons)
Pericles, as we all know, was a Greek statesman who lived in Athens from 495-429 B.C. I mean, I totally knew that. I didn't even have to look it up or anything.

So, gee, I hope this play is true to the original story since I, uh, know it so well and would be able to spot inconsistencies. I mean, who doesn't know the story of Pericles, as told by his contemporary biographer,  Thucydides?

(Nailed it again, Wikipedia! Now everyone thinks I'm super smart!)

Also, Perikles is a board game, for all you board game geeks out there (I'm guessing at least one member of my household DID know that already).

Perikles 2006 

No comments:

Post a Comment