Monday, April 1, 2013

Day 91: What I Learned From Coriolanus (Part 1 of 2)

via dvdtalk.com
 Coriolanus. The man. The myth. The total douche bag.

Okay, to be fair, I haven't finished Coriolanus yet (OMFG I'm getting so behind in this project!) so this post will have a part two. But so far what I know is that Coriolanus is a total prick who hates poor people and loves war. Loooooooves it. Loves it like his mother's love depends upon it (which, btw, it totally does). Also Coriolanus isn't his real name, it's the name he's given after a victory at Corioli, which makes the beginning of the play very confusing.

So until I finish the play, here are some more pictures inspired by it. I don't understand them...not yet anyway.

via
Were there really this many women in Coriolanus? Including the boob-exposing Roman centurion woman? I don't remember that part... Man, painters love to show boob-exposure in those war scenes... (you can read that as "Man! Painters.." or "Man-painters").

I'm not sure what's going on in this Japanese version...Moving sidewalk karaoke?
from the japan centre blog
Are they the same touring company who performed at the Globe?

1 comment:

  1. Honestly, once I finished reading it I didn't think he was a douche bag anymore. AT ALL. HE WAS AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete