Thursday, January 3, 2013

Day 3: Now I remember why I stopped reading Shakespeare in the first place

When I was a teenager I remember reading Shakespeare all the time. I had this great copy of The Complete Works of Shakespeare that I got at a used book store. It was lovely and beautiful. I would take it to school with me to read look smart and also to read some of the naughtier poems to boys I liked (ever read Venus and Adonis? It's CRAZY HOT!). But then in my freshman year of university IT GOT STOLEN! Well, I lent it to someone named Creature Dave and he never gave it back. That's still stealing!

My partner Mike said I could borrow his copy. Actually, he said he'd do the project along with me. Hmm...that's good, right? I'll have someone to read with and discuss the plays with.

On the other hand, what if he reads faster than I do? Oh the race is on, buddy!

UPDATE: Turns out he does read faster than I do as he's already started his first play, The Tempest. I wasn't going to start with that one, but if he's already started it...yeah, I'm gonna read the hell out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment