Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Day 8: New Play Tuesday: Twelfth Night

So 37 plays in a year seemed like nothing. NOTHING! I could do that in my sleep, I thought. Then I realized that a year is only 365 days (Shut up. I didn't JUST realize it. I just...I don't know...just REALIZED it. Shut up.) So that means I need to read each play in less than 10 days. Even less than that if I want to have time to read all the poems and the sonnets at the end.

Right. So here's the new plan. A play a week. That'll take me about nine months (like having a baby!) and it'll give me plenty of time to read the poems and stuff at the end, or to catch up if I'm hopelessly behind. 

So since 2013 started on a Tuesday, I figure every Tuesday will be a new play. I shall call it New Play Tuesday. I should really come up with a schedule for the year.



For now, though, the second play I'll be reading (which I should have read first and I'm still mad about) is Twelfth Night, which takes place the night before the Feast of the Epiphany (so January 5th, I believe?). I think I'm going to like it, it has gender confusion and romantic farce and everything.


Also, I should do some sort of review or "Things I Learned" post about The Tempest, now that I've finally finished it. Aggh! It's like being in school except that the mean teacher and the lazy student ARE BOTH ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment