Sunday, January 6, 2013

Day 6: The Comedies: The Tempest...I'm totally reading it...really

So according to Wikipedia, The Tempest is a tragicomedy about Prospero, a conjurer and the rightful Duke of Milan, who conjures up a big storm (or tempest, just like the title!) to try to get his daughter Miranda back "to her rightful place" (I'm not sure what that means...her rightful place as duchess? Or, like, her rightful place in his house? I haven't read that far yet). 

Oh and hey look! That famous Waterhouse print (above) is actually of Miranda from The Tempest. Who knew? Well, a lot of people, I'm sure, but I didn't. All I know is that my friend Adrienne had about a million copies of it in college. Seriously, I think she had one in her bathroom. I wonder if she's read The Tempest? Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment