Saturday, February 23, 2013

Day 54: Whoops! I forgot

So last week I had a bit of time off--Shakespeare-wise--because I was reading Romeo & Juliet. Since I'd already read that one multiple times, I breezed through it in a day and was blissfully Shakespeare-free for over a week. Actually, it wasn't blissful. I rather missed reading Shakespeare but I had a lot of other reading to do for my other blogs, so I figured I'd take the time rather than getting a jump on the next play.

Then Tuesday rolled around and I realized it was time to start King Lear. Easy! Let's do it, I thought. And so far it's a great play. The only problem is that I'd spent over a week not reading any of the plays that I think I got out of practice. I kept forgetting to read it. And then yesterday I forgot to blog about it. What would I have blogged about anyway? I haven't gotten very far in King Lear and I'm supposed to be almost done by now.

The problem is that I already had a "Day 54" blog post scheduled to be published today, whether I had written anything or not. It was sort of a doomsday device for myself that I HAD to blog every day or else the post would be published whether I was ready or not, blank if need be. Of course with any doomsday device, it's only as good as the person's ability to remember that it exists.

Which I didn't.

So now I'm editing my previously-blank "Day 54" post. On the bright side, now I have something to blog about!

Tomorrow: What I Learned From King Lear
(Later Today: Reading King Lear)

No comments:

Post a Comment